Apple Filling Ingredients
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted (I use “Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks”)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, add all apple filling ingredients and stir to coat the apples.
- Pour the apple filling in an 8×8-inch baking dish and spread evenly in the dish.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients, except the cubed butter, and stir to combine.
- Use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the cubed butter into the topping mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the apples evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is set.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.