These gluten free and vegan Apple Crumble Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat for Fall! The sweet crumble topping combined with the warm apple cinnamon flavor is delicious!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE gluten free and dairy free Fall Favorites E-Cookbook at the bottom of the post!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
I’m SOO excited to be sharing my first Fall recipe of the year!
To start the season off right I’ve decided to share my recipe for Apple Crumble Muffins.
They are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and the PERFECT muffin for Fall!
You guys…these muffins are AMAZING!
I’m starting to modify some of my tried and true recipes that I’ve been making for years now to come up with new delicious recipes.
My theory is, if you have a recipe that is awesome then it will probably be a great starting point for new recipes like it.
So for this recipe, I wanted to use a muffin recipe I already had as a starting point.
I thought my Blueberry Muffin recipe would be a perfect base for this Apple Crumble Muffin recipe.
To test out my theory, I made my blueberry muffins but used chopped apples instead of the blueberries and added some cinnamon.
I’ve made streusel/crumble topping for a bunch of recipes now so I decided to just use a version of that to make the crumble topping for these muffins.
My house smelled WONDERFUL while these apple crumble muffins were baking.
That’s one of the awesome things about Fall recipes, you always get that warm cinnamon spice smell when you bake.
I’m so happy with how these apple crumble muffins turned out. The sweet crumble topping combined with the warm apple cinnamon flavor is just so delicious!
I’m pretty sure these muffins will become a weekly occurrence this Fall in my house. They are that good!
What are some of your favorite Fall recipes?
It is officially Fall in our house (whether my husband is ready for it or not haha!), so I have a bunch of other delicious Fall recipes headed your way soon!
I hope you love these Apple Crumble Muffins as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥
These gluten free and vegan Apple Crumble Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat for Fall! The sweet crumble topping combined with the warm apple cinnamon flavor is just so delicious!
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (or sorghum flour)
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I use “Better Batter“)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour already contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (avocado oil works as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups apple, peeled and chopped
Crumble Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar, packed (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 2/3 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Better Batter“)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar or substitute (I use “Swerve” powdered sweetener)
- 1–2 tbsp dairy free milk (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the crumble topping ingredients except for the flour. Stir to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula to mix in the flour. The topping should be thick and crumbly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten free all-purpose flour, gluten free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t contain it).
- Add the remaining muffin ingredients except for the apples to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold the apples into the batter and fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full.
- Add the crumble topping to each muffin and press gently to make sure the crumble sticks to the muffins while they bake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before eating.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
LOOKING FOR MORE GLUTEN FREE MUFFIN RECIPES? CHECK OUT SOME OF MY FAVORITES BELOW!
To download your free printable gluten free and dairy free Fall Favorites E-Cookbook, please fill out the form below. This will give you access to all of the free e-cookbooks in my Resource Library.