1 cup gluten free oat flour
1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I use “Better Batter”)
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour already contains xanthan gum)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (avocado oil works as well)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped apple
Crumble Topping Ingredients:
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 1/2 tbsp gluten free all-purpose flour (I use “Better Batter”)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vegan butter (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together gluten free all-purpose flour, gluten free oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t contain it).
- Add the remaining muffin ingredients except for the apples to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Fold the apples into the batter and fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the crumble topping ingredients except for the butter. Stir to combine.
- Cut the butter into the topping mixture using a fork or pastry blender until the crumble is formed.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping onto the muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before eating.