For the Doughnuts
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed meal*
- 6 tbsp warm water*
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free flour all-purpose flour (I use Better Batter)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, packed
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy free milk of choice (I use So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
For the Chocolate Glaze
- 5 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, add flax seed and warm water and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to firm up.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar.
- To your flax seed mixture, add maple syrup, milk, vanilla, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and mix well.
- Use a piping bag to add the mixture to the donut pans.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes.
- After a few minutes, transfer to doughnuts to a cooling rack.
To Make the Chocolate Glaze
- Combine all ingredients and stir until no clumps remain.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper under your cooling rack.
- Dip each doughnut into the chocolate glaze mixture and place back on the cooling rack so the glaze can firm up.
- To make this process go faster, you can put the doughnuts on a tray or plate and place them in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate is firm
You can use 2 eggs instead of the flax seed meal and warm water if you do not have an issue with eggs.