Nothing quite says summer time like fresh and juicy peaches. They are one of my favorite fruits and taste wonderful no matter what type of recipe you are using them in. Some of my favorites are peach pie, peach crisp, peach cobbler, and of course baked peaches. These baked peaches with streusel topping take the tastiness to a whole new level!
Peaches have always been one of my dads favorites as well. Growing up, my grandma was always making him peach pies for almost every holiday because she knew how much he loved them. Her peach pies are how I first discovered how delicious peach desserts really are. So I’m always looking for new ways to use peaches and I can’t wait to share these baked peaches with my dad. I know he’s going to really enjoy them!
I also love how easy this dessert is to put together. The streusel topping is made with ingredients I almost always have on hand so I just have to pick up some fresh peaches from the store and I am ready to go. All you do is cut the peaches in half, remove the core, and add all of the streusel ingredients together. Then stuff the peaches with the topping and bake.
The topping is crispy and buttery, with a hint of cinnamon, and the perfect amount of sweetness. It compliments the peach flavor so well. What are some of your favorite recipes to use peaches in? I’ve seen some savory dishes with peaches as well that I would really like to try soon. I hope you love these baked peaches with streusel topping as much as my family does!
- 2 large or 3 medium ripe firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats (quick or rolled)
- 2 tbsp gluten free all-purpose flour (I use “Better Batter”)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Using a melon baller, scoop out some of the middle of the peach to make room For the stroussel topping. Place the peaches in a greased oven safe dish, skin side down.
- In a small bowl, combine gluten free oats, gluten free flour, coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- Cut the butter into cubes and use a pastry blender or fork to work the butter into the flour mixture. The mixture should resemble a crumble when you are done.
- Scoop the streusel mixture onto each of the peaches, gently pressing down to pack the mixture into the peach.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned and the peaches have softened.
For This Recipe, I Recommend:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!