I love sweet potatoes! When I was growing up we either didn’t have sweet potatoes or I was such a picky eater that I wouldn’t eat them because I don’t remember trying sweet potatoes until I was an adult. Either way, I missed out on some amazing meal ideas because of it and am now trying to make up for lost time.
One of my all time favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes is just simply cutting them up, adding seasoning, and roasting them. There are so many seasoning options, but the best flavor combination I have come across to date is this BBQ seasoning with the sweet potatoes. It gives them such an amazing smoky flavor that compliments the sweetness of the potatoes so well.
I also love how easy it is to make these BBQ roasted sweet potatoes. It takes about 10 minutes to get them in the oven and then you just let them roast for 30-40 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. We eat them all year long, but they make for an awesome summertime side dish. We serve them with hamburgers, turkey burgers. grilled chicken, and grilled salmon a lot.
What are some of your favorite ways to eat sweet potatoes. I’m always looking for new ideas so I can’t wait to hear about it! I hope you love these BBQ roasted sweet potatoes as much as my family does!
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and cube sweet potatoes (about 1-2" cubes).
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix together seasoning in a small bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and seasoning over the sweet potatoes and stir to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the sweet potatoes start to crisp on the outside.
- Serve immediately.
- This BBQ seasoning can also be made in bulk. Click Here for the bulk version of this BBQ seasoning mix.