This Beef and Broccoli is so easy to make and tastes amazing! It’s also gluten free, dairy free, and soy free.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
I don’t know about you all, but Chinese take out has been one of my biggest cravings since finding out I had food allergies.
Lucky for me, a lot of Chinese food is easy to make gluten free and dairy free at home.
I also have issues with too much sodium so making Chinese food at home allows me to control how much salt goes into the meal.
This beef and broccoli was my first attempt at making my own Chinese food at home and let me just say, it did not disappoint!
I was really surprised how easy it was to make as well. You cook the beef in a pan, mix up the ingredients for the sauce while the beef cooks, add the broccoli and sauce to the beef and there you have it.
Delicious home cooked Chinese food. The sauce really is the magic behind the whole dish.
The amount of flavor that comes together from just a few simple ingredients is so amazing. This is also probably one of my favorite ways to eat broccoli.
Don’t get me wrong, broccoli is one of my favorite veggies all by itself, but when it’s soaked in this sauce it just takes it to a whole new level.
I might just start serving the broccoli with the sauce as a side dish all the time. This beef and broccoli has me really excited to try more Chinese food recipes at home.
I’m thinking orange chicken might be on the list soon since it’s one of my all time favorites.
What are some of your favorite Chinese dishes to make at home? I can’t wait to hear about it and hope you all love this beef and broccoli recipe as much as my family does!!Print
- 1 lb flank or sirloin steak, sliced thinly across the grain
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or other gluten free soy sauce substitute)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tbsp cornstarch, water, and garlic powder and stir until smooth. Add beef to the bowl and toss to evenly coat the beef in the cornstarch mixture.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned about 5-6 minutes. Remove beef from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and cook onion and broccoli until soft about 5-7 minutes.
- While onion and broccoli are cooking, add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Return beef to the pan and add the sauce, stirring to coat the beef and broccoli. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over rice, quinoa, or all by itself.
- Serving Size: 4