These Healthy Pancakes are made with gluten free oat flour and natural sweeteners making them the perfect breakfast treat! They are also eggless pancakes that are ready in 30 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
Pancakes are one of my absolute favorite things to have for breakfast! If I could eat a big stack of pancakes every single day, I would!
They aren’t usually the healthiest thing to have for breakfast though which is why I decided to come up with this healthy blueberry oat flour pancake recipe.
I wanted something I could make for my kids to enjoy throughout the week and still feel like they were getting a healthy and nutritious breakfast.
Oat flour pancakes were the answer!
They tastes absolutely amazing and are super easy to make!
Other than the addition of applesauce (which is used to make these eggless pancakes) and baking powder, the ingredients in this recipe are what I would use to make a bowl of oatmeal.
I have a hard time getting my kids to eat a bowl of oatmeal now a days so I have had to come up with creative ways to get them to eat a nutritious breakfast like this.
My kids see a delicious plate of pancakes and have no idea they are actually really good for them! It’s a win win!
Let’s talk about how you make these delicious Blueberry Oat Flour Pancakes!
OAT FLOUR GLUTEN FREE PANCAKE RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Oat flour: I have not tried substituting any other flour in this recipe so I do not recommend that. If you need oat free pancakes, check out my other pancake recipe here: Gluten Free Vegan Pancakes
- Unsweetened Applesauce: Applesauce acts as a replacement for eggs and makes the pancakes tender.
- Maple syrup: For additional sweetness and flavor. You may also use honey or agave if you prefer.
- Dairy free milk: I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”
- Blueberries: Fresh or frozen will work great.
- Baking powder
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY OAT PANCAKES:
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Add applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and dairy free milk to the bowl and mix until combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Heat Griddle: Heat greased griddle over medium heat or around 250-300 degrees.
- Cook Pancakes: Pour batter on the griddle, about 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until you start to see tiny bubbles in the batter. Flip the pancakes and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side until the pancakes are lightly browned.
Super simple right!?
I hope you enjoy this gluten free oat flour pancake recipe as much as my family does!
Don’t forget to leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try!Print
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 1/2 – 1 cup blueberries
- Stir in blueberries.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
Here are some of the items you will need to make this recipe: