- 1 package Safe + Fair Double Chocolate Brownie Mix*
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal*
- 3 tbsp water*
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (refined coconut oil will work as well, melted)
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 1 3.5 oz package gluten free and dairy free Chocolate Pudding*
- 2 cups dairy free milk of choice
Coconut Whipped Cream Layer:
- 2 cups store bought or homemade coconut whipped cream
Optional Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (refined coconut oil will work as well, melted)
- 1/4 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 tsp
Prepare the Trifle Components:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8″ square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together flaxseed meal and water. Let sit for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Once the flax egg has thickened, add Safe + Fairy Double Chocolate Brownie Mix, flax egg, and avocado oil to a large bowl. Mix until ingredients are combined (batter will be very thick*).
- Press the brownie batter into the baking dish with your hands or a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the brownies are cooking, prepare the pudding according to package directions (or the recipe if you are using the chocolate avocado pudding like I do). If making homemade coconut whipped cream, prepare according to the recipe directions.
- Optionally add all of the chocolate sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
Assemble the Trifles:
- Once the brownies have cooled and all of the layering elements are prepared, start to assemble the trifles. Cut the brownies into small squares.
- Add a layer of brownie pieces to the bottom of a glass dish.* Next add a layer of the chocolate pudding.
- Top the chocolate pudding with coconut whipped cream and optionally drizzle with the chocolate sauce.
- Repeat until the dish is full. Start assembling the next trifle until ingredients are all used.
Use code “justwhatweeat” to get 10% off your entire Safe + Fair purchase!
You can use 1 egg in place of the flaxseed meal and water if you do not have any issues with eggs. I personally use this Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe in these trifles and it’s amazing! No one would ever know it’s any different and it’s way healthier than the store bought pudding!
If the brownie batter is too thick to combine, add 1 tbsp of dairy free milk at a time until all ingredients are mixed. Do not add too much liquid. The batter should be very thick.
These mini trifles can be made in stemless wine glasses, parfait dishes, or any other type of small glass dish you have. If you would like to make this dessert in a large trifle dish instead of individual dishes, you will need to double the recipe.