These gluten free and vegan brownie truffles are one of my favorite Christmas time treats. They are so rich and chocolaty and you can decorate them in so many different types of cute garnishes.
It is officially Christmas season! Of course if it was up to me our house would be decorated for Christmas most of November as well as December.
The hubby has not yet given in to my Christmas obsession and refuses to let us decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I get it, but my thanksgiving decorations just aren’t as exciting as my Christmas ones.
So last weekend we officially started decorating for Christmas, woo hoo! Of course I always have to make some festive treats for us all to enjoy on Christmas decorating day!
Hot chocolate is always at the top of the list but this year I also wanted to make some rich, fudgy brownie truffles. Truffles are one of my favorite Christmas time treats.
There are just so many options and you can decorate them in so many different types of garnishes. We love variety in our house since we all have our own favorites.
This recipe is also so simple which is always a win especially during the busy holidays. All you do is whip up a batch of your favorite brownies, crumble them up with a fork, roll them into balls, and dip them in your favorite chocolate.
Then of course decorating, which is me and my daughters favorite part (other than licking the spoon, of course!).
The brownie link in the recipe below will take you to my recipe for gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free brownies. They are so delicious and fudgy and worked beautifully for these brownie truffles.
The only other ingredient you need is some vegan chocolate chips. I use “Enjoy Life” brand and love to make some with the semi-sweet chocolate chips as well as dark chocolate chips.
Then the very last step is adding any garnishes you might like. My daughters favorite is of course sprinkles, but we also top some with coconut, peanuts, and peppermint bits.
What are some of your favorite types of truffles to make around the holidays? If you’ve never made them before then you are in for a real treat! I hope you all love them as much as we do!
Don’t forget! Grab your FREE copy of my Gluten Free & Dairy Free Holiday Sweets and Treats E-Cookbook! Just fill out the form at the bottom of the page to have yours sent right to your inbox.Print
- 1 batch of gluten free and vegan Brownies
- 1 10 oz bag vegan chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- Prepare a batch of your favorite brownies. The Brownie link above will take you to my gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free Fudgy Brownie recipe.
- Once the brownies have cooled, crumble using a fork.
- Take about 1-2 tablespoons of the brownie crumble and roll into a ball. Continue until all of the brownie crumble has been used (about 24-30 balls depending on the size).
- Heat chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments (stirring in between) until the chocolate is melted.
- Roll all of the brownie balls into the chocolate one at a time to coat them completely and transfer them to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.*
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and transfer to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the chocolate has hardened.
- I find it’s easiest to balance the brownie truffles on a fork to transfer them to the cookie sheet. It allows the excess chocolate to drip off into the bowl before you transfer them over.