- 3 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roast almonds in the oven on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 8 minutes.
- While the almonds are roasting, in a medium sized pot, heat coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil whisking frequently.
- Add the almonds to the sugar mixture and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir until the sugar mixture evaporates and leaves a syrup like coating on the almonds (about 5-8 minutes).
- Continue to stir the almonds in the sugar mixture until the sugar starts to crystallize on the almonds and is no longer sticky (about 5-10 minutes).
- Pour the almonds back onto the parchment lined cookie sheet and allow to cool completely before serving.