- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend (I use “Better Batter“)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts or vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add all of the ingredients through milk and whisk together thoroughly.
- Add cocoa powder, almond meal, gluten free flour, and gluten free oats to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Optionally fold in chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- After baking for 55 minutes, check the banana bread to see if additional time is needed.
- The bread will be done when it is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before cutting into slices.