These gluten free and dairy free Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars have layers of chocolate, caramel, and pretzels! They are a delicious and decadent treat for any occasion!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments stirring each time until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour 3/4 of the chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread into a rectangle. Top with the pretzels immediately and press them gently into the chocolate (they can overlap).
- Unwrap caramels and place them in a microwave safe bowl with 2 tsp of water.
- Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each time, until the caramels are completely melted.
- Let the caramel sit and cool for 1-2 minutes. The caramel needs to be thick enough to drizzle over the pretzels without it running off. Don’t wait too long or the caramel will be too hard to drizzle.
- Once the caramel has thickened a bit, pour it evenly over the pretzels. Drizzle remaining melted chocolate over the caramel and place in the refrigerator to harden.
- Cut with a sharp knife or break into pieces.
Recipe adapted from “Tastes Better From Scratch“