This gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free chocolate coconut whipped cream is the perfect addition to any dessert. It also works as a healthy fruit dip! This delicious treat takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and only calls for 5 ingredients.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup*
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight. This will allow the liquid to separate from the cream. We only want to use the thick cream for this recipe.
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thick cream that has risen to the top of the can and put it in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the coconut cream until you can form soft peaks with the cream (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until well incorporated.
- I recommend chilling the coconut whipped cream for an hour or so, but you can eat it right away if desired.
You can use any sweetener you would like. I recommend adding 1 tbsp at a time until you have reached your desired sweetness.