These gluten free and vegan chocolate covered peanut butter pretzel bites are one of my favorite treats to make during the Holidays! The sweet peanut butter filling with the salty crunch of the pretzel, all dipped in chocolate is AMAZING!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
I have to avoid five out of the six ingredients in her recipe. It may seem crazy to try to convert a recipe where you can only have one of the ingredients, but I have awesome substitutes for the other five ingredients so I knew it would be a piece of cake.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, softened (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar or substitute (I use “Swerve” brand powdered sweetener)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 60 – 70 gluten free pretzels (I use “Snyder’s gluten free mini pretzels”)
- 1 9 oz bag vegan chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and softened vegan butter until smooth.
- Stir in powdered sugar, coconut sugar, and vanilla until a dough is formed.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into small 1″-2″ balls. Add more powdered sugar if the peanut butter mixture is too sticky to handle.
- Place the peanut butter ball in between two pretzels and place on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the vegan chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Dip the pretzel bites into the chocolate halfway and place them back onto the sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.