This easy Coconut Whipped Cream recipe is the perfect addition to any dessert! It’s gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and tastes amazing!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
Ever since I first figured out how to make coconut whipped cream, I have been adding it to EVERYTHING!
I also like to whip some up just to dip fresh fruit in.
It truly is the perfect dairy free substitute for whipped cream!
It’s also super easy to make homemade coconut whipped cream and only takes 10 minutes hands on time!
I love making it homemade because I can control exactly what goes in it.
You can adjust the sweetness to your liking or add things like cocoa powder to make Chocolate Coconut Whipped Cream!
It’s so versatile!
So let’s talk about what you need to make it.
GLUTEN FREE AND DAIRY FREE COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Full fat coconut milk: Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight. This will allow the liquid to separate from the cream and we only want to use the thick cream for this recipe.
- Maple syrup: Adds sweetness to the coconut whipped cream topping. Honey can also be used if desired.
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE AND VEGAN COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM:
- Refrigerate overnight: Refrigerate the can of coconut milk overnight. This will allow the liquid to separate from the cream. We only want to use the thick cream for this recipe.
- Freeze mixing bowl: Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Separate thick cream from liquid: Open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thick cream that has risen to the top of the can and put it in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Whip: Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip the coconut cream until you can form soft peaks with the cream (about 3 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients: Mix in the remaining ingredients until well incorporated.
- Chill: I recommend chilling the coconut whipped cream for an hour or so to thicken up, but you can eat it right away if desired.
TIPS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM:
- Full Fat: The coconut milk you purchase needs to be full fat coconut milk from a can. “Lite” will not work for coconut whipped cream.
- Brand Matters: Not all brands of canned coconut milk work for coconut whipped cream. I recommend “Native Forest Unsweetened Organic Coconut Milk Classic“.
- Chill overnight: Chilling the coconut milk overnight is crucial to making coconut whipped cream. Do not skip this step!
- Coconut Cream: You can use canned coconut cream instead of coconut milk if desired. Coconut cream has already had the liquid separated from the thick cream so you won’t have to do that step, but you do still need to refrigerate the coconut cream overnight.
- Chill mixing bowl: You want to keep the coconut milk as cold as possible while mixing. I recommend chilling the mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Coconut Liquid: The leftover coconut liquid is a great addition to smoothies if you don’t want to waste it.
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp
- Place your mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
You can use any sweetener you would like. I recommend adding 1 tbsp at a time until you have reached your desired sweetness.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE: