- 1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1 cup superfine gluten free oat flour*
- 3 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips”)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the water, maple syrup, and vanilla and whisk the liquid ingredients together carefully.
- Mix the liquid ingredients together with the dry ingredients and then gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tins almost all the way to the top for each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.*
- Allow the muffins to cool a bit before transferring them to a cooling rack to finish cooling all the way.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. These muffins are usually good for about 4-5 days after baking.
- *If I don’t have oat flour on hand, I will usually make my own by just blending rolled or quick cooking oats in the blender. Just make sure you blend until the oats are a superfine flour.
- *The muffins continue to cook a bit while they are cooling so be sure not to over cook.