- 1 tbsp flax seed meal*
- 3 tbsp warm water*
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I use “Better Batter”)
- 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine flax seed meal and warm water in a small bowl and set to the side for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until combined.
- Add in your flax seed meal mixture and stir.
- Add baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, gluten free all-purpose flour and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form balls and place about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (or greased cookie sheet).
- Bake for 16 minutes and allow cookies to cool completely before eating.
- *You can use 1 egg in place of the flax seed meal and water if you do not need this recipe to be egg free.