1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour* (I use “Better Batter”)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbs vegan butter melted (I use “Earth Balance soy free buttery sticks”)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut sugar, packed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs water
1 cup vegan chocolate chips* (I use “Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips”)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla, and water until smooth.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before serving.
As you probably already know, not all gluten free flours are created equal. I usually use Better Batter when I am baking and have great luck. Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 is another brand of all-purpose gluten free flour that I trust, but I have not tried this recipe with that brand yet.