I absolutely love making homemade granola. It’s one of my all time favorite snacks and can be made so many different ways. The granola recipe I am sharing with you today is a very basic oat, almond, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla granola. I make it all the time because it is so easy and tastes so amazing! It’s also gluten free, dairy free, & refined sugar free which makes it a great healthier snack option.
I first started making granola at home because I noticed all of the store bought granola had a lot of refined sugar in it which causes me to have headaches. I also really liked the idea of having control over all of the ingredients so I could modify the granola to my family’s liking. I found this recipe on the Live Fit Girls blog and have been making it for years now. Some other ingredients we have added to this granola include shredded coconut, peanuts, chocolate chips, and flax seed to add some extra fiber. You could also add some dried fruit after the granola bakes to give it even more sweetness. The possibilities are endless!
I just recently had my second child and made a huge batch of this granola to take with me to the hospital. I was super worried about having food I could eat with all of my food allergies and this granola was a perfect snack to have with me. It’s also been a life savor since we’ve been home. Anytime I need a quick sweet snack I just grab a bag of granola and can snack away while holding or feeding my son.
Have you all made homemade granola before? If so, what are some of your favorite ingredients to add in? I can’t wait to hear about it and hope you all love this granola recipe as much as my family does!
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons refined coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread oats and almonds on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Toast in the oven for 8 minutes.
- While the oats and almonds are toasting, mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour honey mixture over the oats and almonds and stir until everything is well coated.
- Turn the oven off and place the sheet tray back in the oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool.
For This Recipe, I Recommend:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!