This gluten free and dairy free Greek Lemon Chicken is SO delicious and super easy to put together! The simple ingredients used create a huge amount of flavor making this Greek Lemon Chicken the star of any meal.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
I love simple meals! The kind of meals with easy ingredients, little prep work, and a whole lot of flavor.
This Greek Lemon Chicken is all of those things!
It only takes 10 minutes of prep work, under 10 ingredients, and the chicken has the most delicious tangy lemon flavor!
When I first went dairy free, I wasn’t sure I was going to enjoy any type of dish that traditionally called for yogurt.
Then I found “So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative”. It works perfectly in any dish you want to make creamy like this Greek Lemon Chicken!
It doesn’t taste at all like coconut in this dish because it takes on the flavor of the lemon and seasonings so well.
I’ve also used “Kite Hill Almond Milk Yogurt” and it works just as great.
So let’s talk about how you make it!
EASY GREEK LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Boneless chicken breast: cut into 2″ cubes.
- Plain dairy free coconut milk yogurt: I use “So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative”.
- Lemon: zest and juice.
- Seasoning: Oregano, Thyme, Salt, and Pepper.
- Olive oil
HOW TO MAKE GREEK LEMON CHICKEN:
- Prepare Chicken: Cut the chicken into 2″ cubes.
- Make Marinade: In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut milk yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate: Place everything in a large bowl or freezer bag and stir/shake to evenly coat the chicken. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven: 375°F.
- Bake: Pour all of the contents in the bag into a 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try!Print
- 2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup plain dairy free coconut milk yogurt (I use “So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative”)*
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into 2″ cubes or into strips.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut milk yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place everything in a large bowl or freezer bag and stir/shake to evenly coat the chicken.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour all of the contents in the bag into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
I’ve also used “Kite Hill” almond yogurt and it works great! Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt may be used in place of the dairy free yogurt if you do not need this recipe to be dairy free.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
Here are some of the items needed to make this recipe: