- 2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup plain dairy free coconut milk yogurt (I use “So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative”)*
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into 2″ cubes or into strips.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut milk yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Place everything in a large bowl or freezer bag and stir/shake to evenly coat the chicken.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour all of the contents in the bag into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
I’ve also used “Kite Hill” almond yogurt and it works great! Regular yogurt or Greek yogurt may be used in place of the dairy free yogurt if you do not need this recipe to be dairy free.