I love making homemade seasoning mixes! You are able to adjust quantities to get the recipe just right for your personal tastes and you lose all of the preservatives you get from the store bought seasoning packets. Win, win! The other bonus to making your own seasoning mixes is that it is super easy.
We use this taco seasoning in a lot of recipes in our house as you will see throughout my other posts. We use it in homemade salsa, Mexican zucchini boats, stuffed peppers, enchiladas, and of course tacos. I hope you love it just as much as we do!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (check out my homemade chili powder HERE )
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (we use "Lite Salt')
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container
- This recipe equals 1 taco seasoning packet you get from the store