1 12oz box gluten free pasta (I use “Barilla Gluten Free Rotini”)
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped and quartered
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup broccoli
1 cup gluten free pepperoni, quartered (Make sure if your pepperoni contains “Lactic Acid” that it is not from milk. I use “Applegate Farms” brand.)
1 2.5 oz can black olives, chopped
1 cup Italian dressing (homemade recipe below)
Italian dressing (makes 1 1/2 cups):
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp water
1 tsp honey
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When there are 3 minutes left, add broccoli and finish cooking.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop pepper, cucumber, red onion, pepperoni, and black olives. Add to a large bowl.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Run cold water over the pasta and broccoli until cooled. Add the pasta and broccoli to the bowl.
- In a medium sized mason jar, combine all Italian dressing ingredients and shake until combined.
- Add 1 cup of Italian dressing to the pasta salad and toss to evenly coat. Add additional dressing to taste.*
1 cup of dressing is usually plenty for my family’s tastes, but some people like to have a stronger Italian dressing flavor. Just add dressing until you are happy with the taste. Store extra dressing in the mason jar in the fridge for up to a week. It’s delicious on salad and baked chicken.