- 2 8.5 oz packs of cooked rice (about 4 cups cooked)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (I use “Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onion in olive oil until soft (8-10 minutes).
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro, to the pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and serve.