- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I use “Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks” or you can use coconut oil*)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, add cocoa powder, dairy free milk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vegan butter. Heat over medium heat, stirring continuously until everything is combined. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in oats and mix until all of the oats are coated.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop or spoon, drop the mixture onto the parchment paper and gently press down on each cookie to flatten them out a bit.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 20-30 minutes. I like to place them in the refrigerator to speed up this process.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.*
- You can use coconut oil instead of vegan butter if desired. The cookies do not hold together as long with coconut oil so I suggest using vegan butter if you plan to have the cookies sitting out for a while.
- These also freeze very well!