These gluten free and dairy free “Oreo” Truffles are SO decadent and taste incredible! They taste just like traditional Oreo truffles and are perfect for your next Holiday party!
- 1 10.5 oz package (about 18-20) gluten free and dairy free chocolate sandwich cookies (I use “K-Toos“)
- 2–4 oz dairy free cream cheese (or 1/2 cup vanilla or chocolate frosting*)
- 5 oz dairy free chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips“)
- 1–2 tsp coconut or avocado oil (optional but helps the chocolate coat the truffles easier)
- Sprinkles for decorating (I love Sweetapolita gluten free and vegan sprinkles)
- Add chocolate sandwich cookies to a food processor and pulse until the cookies are a crumb consistency. If you aren’t using a food processor, you can crush the cookies in a resealable bag using a rolling pin.
- Place the cookie crumbs into a large bowl or stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat the cream cheese (or frosting) into the mixture 2 oz at a time until the mixture can be rolled into balls. This can also be done by hand if your cream cheese is very soft.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the mixture and roll into balls. Place the balls onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips and oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments stirring each time until they are melted.
- Dip each truffle into the chocolate mixture and roll gently with a fork to evenly coat. Use the fork to scoop up the truffle and allow the excess chocolate to drip off into the bowl. Place the truffle onto the parchment paper and top with sprinkles immediately. Repeat for the remaining truffles.
- Place in the refrigerator to harden. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. These also freeze really well!
I know dairy free cream cheese can be hit or miss for some so if you don’t want to use cream cheese, you can use 1/2 cup of vanilla or chocolate frosting instead. If I make these with dairy free cream cheese, I use “Kite Hill” dairy free plain cream cheese.