I absolutely LOVE these gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free peanut butter cookies! These cookies have the most delicious peanut butter flavor and have a wonderful soft texture. They also come together so quickly and only bake for 10 minutes!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE gluten free and dairy free Dessert Recipes E-Cookbook at the bottom of the post!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
Sometimes baking feels like therapy to me. There is just something calming about it that clears my mind and helps me to relax.
Today I was in desperate need for some therapy after getting some disappointing news. I thought a new cookie recipe could be just the thing I needed to help take things off of my mind.
My daughter must have also sensed that I was a little sad today because she has been the sweetest little angel all day. She was more than willing to help me make some cookies today and we decided to make some peanut butter cookies.
I’ve tried one other peanut butter cookie recipe since I’ve had food allergies and it did not turn out well at all. It was one of those recipes that advertises “Only 3 Ingredients” which is usually great, but in this case the recipe was in desperate need of something else.
So I decided to look up recipes for traditional peanut butter cookies to see if I could come up with an allergy friendly version of my own.
To my surprise, the traditional recipes were pretty simple. I also had easy substitutes for all of the traditional ingredients that I’m allergic to. Yay!
So I got out my stand mixer, ingredients, and set my daughter on the counter next to me to help me cook. We love peanut butter so of course after we measured it out for the recipe we had to lick the spoon and measuring cup clean!
I didn’t like how much refined sugar the traditional recipes called for so instead of brown sugar we used coconut sugar. Instead of white sugar, we used half the amount of maple syrup.
Our cookies we’re still perfectly sweet even with these changes.
For the flour substitute, I used my favorite gluten free flour for cookies, Better Batter.
Since this peanut butter cookie dough is vegan, my daughter and I helped ourselves to a spoonful of cookie dough before putting them on the pan.
The dough tasted delicious raw so I knew that we were probably going to have some really yummy cookies once they finished baking. Another awesome thing about these peanut butter cookies is that they only take 10 minutes to bake.
Once they are completely cooled, they firm up a bit and are soft and delicious.
I was so happy with how these peanut butter cookies turned out and it completely took my mind off of things for quite a while. My daughter loves them too and we had a hard time not eating them all before I got a chance to take pictures to show you guys.
I hope you are having a wonderful day and love these cookies just as much as my daughter and I do!Print
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I use “Better Batter“)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened ( I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together gluten free all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to a stand mixer (or use a hand mixer) and beat together on medium speed.
- On low speed, slowly pour in the flour mixture and mix until a dough is formed.
- Use a small cookie scoop to create cookie dough balls and place on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Press down gently to flatten cookies out a bit.
- Use a fork to gently press down on the cookies twice to make a checkered pattern.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool a bit and then transfer to a cooking rack to cool completely. The cookies will firm up more during the cool down process.
Looking for more delicious gluten free and vegan cookie recipes? Check out some of the recipes below!
To download your free printable gluten free and dairy free Dessert Recipes E-Cookbook, please fill out the form below. This will give you access to all of the free e-cookbooks in my Resource Library.