These healthy Pecan Pie Bars are super easy to make and are the perfect Holiday dessert! They are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and taste amazing!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
When I was younger, I was never really a big fan of pecan pie. It was way too sweet for me and I usually tried to avoid eating nuts in any kind of dessert when I was a kid.
I actually used to order the “Peanut Buster Parfait” from Dairy Queen without the peanuts because I just wanted a giant hot fudge sundae and thought the peanuts had no place in a sundae.
Now that I am technically a grown up, I decided I needed to give peanuts, pecans, and walnuts in dessert another chance.
With the holiday’s coming up I knew I wanted to make pie. Lots and lots of pie! Some of the popular pie’s on the list are always apple and pecan so I definitely wanted to give those a try.
I finally feel like I’ve conquered apple pie so next on the list was pecan pie.
I remembered the ingredients in a traditional pecan pie and how sweet it was supposed to be which made it seem like an impossible dessert to make gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free.
So I started researching and came across this pecan pie bar recipe from Without Adornment.
I loved the idea of making bars instead of a pie so you can have as little or as much as you want.
I also really liked that they were already refined sugar free so I wasn’t going to have to do much tweaking to the recipe to get them just right.
These pecan pie bars turned out FANTASTIC! They are the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch and have officially changed my opinion on desserts with nuts.
I think we will be having these pecan pie bars all year round!
What are some of your favorite desserts that include nuts? I can’t wait to try out some more and would love to hear your ideas!
I hope you all enjoy these pecan pie bars as much as my family does.
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
These Healthy Pecan Pie Bars are super easy to make and are the perfect Holiday dessert! They are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and taste amazing!
For the Crust
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of salt
For the Pecan Filling
- 1 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 + 2 tbsp cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp warm water (or 1 egg)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8″ pan.
- In a medium bowl, add all crust ingredients and mix until a crumb is formed.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the 8×8″ pan and press evenly to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While the crust is baking, in a small pot, mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- While filling mixture is cooling, toast the chopped pecans in the oven on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- While the pecans are toasting, in a small bowl, add flax meal and warm water and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Once the filling is cooled, add in the flax meal mixture and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the toasted pecans and pour the filling mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture begins to set.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the pecan pie bars to be easily cut and served.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.