These Healthy Pecan Pie Bars are super easy to make and are the perfect Holiday dessert! They are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, and taste amazing!
For the Crust
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 6 tbsp refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- dash of salt
For the Pecan Filling
- 1 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 + 2 tbsp cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp warm water (or 1 egg)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8″ pan.
- In a medium bowl, add all crust ingredients and mix until a crumb is formed.
- Pour the crumb mixture into the 8×8″ pan and press evenly to form the crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While the crust is baking, in a small pot, mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- While filling mixture is cooling, toast the chopped pecans in the oven on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- While the pecans are toasting, in a small bowl, add flax meal and warm water and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken up.
- Once the filling is cooled, add in the flax meal mixture and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the toasted pecans and pour the filling mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture begins to set.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the pecan pie bars to be easily cut and served.