This gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free Pumpkin Bread is AMAZING! It’s so moist and delicious making it an awesome Fall time treat!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE gluten free and dairy free Fall Favorites E-Cookbook at the bottom of the post!
Every year, a few weeks before Halloween, my daughter and I make an entire day out of decorating the house.
We hang up all of the bats, skeletons, and Jack O’Lanterns that we own and finish it off with a Halloween wreath on the door.
We also love to bake a Fall treat for us to enjoy while we are busy decorating.
This year my daughter requested that I make her favorite pumpkin bread. So that’s what we did!
This is one of my favorite times of the year because I get to make extra special memories with my daughter.
My son is only 6 months old so he couldn’t participate yet, but I can’t wait until he can join in on the fun!
I did dress him up in his Jack O’Lantern onesie with a pumpkin hat so he could get into the Halloween spirit with us.
The whole family loves this pumpkin bread and it was actually really easy to develop the recipe a couple years ago.
All I did was take my banana bread recipe and modify it a bit by replacing the bananas with pumpkin and adding warm Fall spices.
It turns out perfect every time!
What are some of your favorite Halloween traditions?
I can’t wait to hear about them and hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Bread recipe as much as my family does!
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (avocado oil works as well)
- 1/2 cup packed coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup unsweetened milk of choice (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I use “Better Batter”)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips* (optional – I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients through milk and whisk together thoroughly.
- Add almond meal, gluten free flour, and gluten free oats to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Optionally fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the bread is firm and golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before cutting into slices.
Chocolate chips are not typically refined sugar free, but if you don’t have issues with refined sugar then you can add them in. This pumpkin bread is delicious both ways.