These gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free pumpkin donuts are SO GOOD! They have the most wonderful pumpkin and warm spice flavor! They are the perfect Fall breakfast treat!
- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I use “Better Batter”)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (or sorghum flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour already contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk (I use “So Delicious unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (coconut oil works as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar or substitute (I use “Swerve” brand powdered sweetener)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3–4 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease donut pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Use a piping bag to add the mixture to the greased donut pans.
- Bake the donuts for 12-15 minutes.
- After a few minutes, transfer to donuts to a cooling rack with a piece of parchment paper underneath.
- Once the donuts have cooled, combine all of the maple topping ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip each donut into the maple glaze and place back on the cooling rack to allow the excess topping to drip off of the donuts.
- Enjoy right away (they will be messy!) or place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes until the glaze has set.