- 1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I use “Better Batter”)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (or sorghum flour)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour already contains xanthan gum)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg*
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk (I use “So Delicious unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (coconut oil works as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a muffin tin or use muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t contain it).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir until combined.
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before serving.
Nutmeg does not contain nuts despite it’s name. It is actually a seed so it is typically safe for those with nut allergies. You can also leave it out if desired.