These Pumpkin Muffins are the perfect treat for Fall! They are gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free and taste amazing! The warm Fall spices with the pumpkin flavor are the best combination.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
It’s that glorious time of year again when pumpkin becomes the star of everything!
Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin waffles (recipe coming next week!), and of course delicious pumpkin muffins!
We have been celebrating Fall/October hard this year (really every year).
We’ve been to two pumpkin patches, we’ve covered the whole house in Halloween decorations, and have already carved pumpkins twice.
Not to mention all the delicious fall recipes we’ve been cooking up!
I was so excited to give gluten free, vegan, and refined sugar free pumpkin muffins a try this year.
Last year I tried quite a few different pumpkin muffin recipes and just could not get the texture right.
Since then, I have learned a TON about different gluten free flours and how to get the wonderful soft texture that you look for in a good muffin.
So after making dozens of muffins I finally came across a delicious banana nut muffin courtesy of my mother in-law.
As soon as I made them I knew they would make the perfect pumpkin muffins as well since pumpkin and banana can be substituted very easily in most recipes.
I absolutely LOVE these pumpkin muffins! They satisfied my pumpkin craving perfectly and the whole family loved them as well.
Speaking of cravings, I’m so excited to announce that I am pregnant! We are expecting another little pumpkin in early April of 2018 and could not be more excited!
I’ve finally made it to the second trimester, have more energy, and am getting rid of that pesky morning (really all day) sickness, yay!!
This also means that I can start posting more recipes just in time for the holidays. I can’t wait to share all of the fun holiday recipes I have planned for the next couple of months!
What are some of your families favorite fall traditions and recipes?
We have quite a few but I’m always looking to add more since we love the Fall season soo much!
I can’t wait to hear about them and I hope you all love these pumpkin muffins as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips* (optional, I use “Enjoy Life” brand)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted (avocado oil works as well)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, add all dry ingredients except chocolate chips (optional) and whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl of wet ingredients and mix together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (optional).
- Scoop mixture into a muffin pan and fill about 3/4 of the way full (you can use muffin liners if desired).
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow muffins to cool before serving.
- These pumpkin muffins are delicious with or without chocolate chips. Chocolate chips are not typically refined sugar free. Chopped pecans or walnuts could also be used in place of the chocolate chips.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE: