Nothing quite says Fall like these Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes! They are so easy to make and taste incredible! They are also gluten free and vegan making them the perfect allergy friendly treat!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
Would you believe me if I told you that I didn’t have my first pumpkin spice latte until a month ago?
It’s true! Before food allergies I frequented Starbucks more than I care to admit, but for some reason I never ordered a pumpkin spice latte.
I think my biggest problem was that I used to be SOO picky when it came to food and drinks.
I knew what I liked, and there was no venturing out from that.
Now that I can no longer partake in my Starbucks addiction because of many food allergies, I decided I needed to figure out how to make some of these delicious treats at home.
I already have a great recipe for gluten free and dairy free hot chocolate, but I didn’t have any homemade Latte recipes yet.
So with Fall quickly approaching I decided to come up with a Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe.
My coffee brand of choice is always Cameron’s Coffee because all of their coffees are allergen free. They also taste amazing!
Now normally I go for their decaf coffee, but I had recently heard about their Pumpkin Spice blend and knew it would be perfect for this Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe.
I reached out to them and they sent me a whole bunch of it to try. I was soo excited when the box arrived!
When I opened the bag I was immediately hit with the most amazing Fall spice smell. This is by far my favorite smelling coffee to date!
Next, I needed to do a little research on what all went into making a pumpkin spice latte.
I came across this recipe from Inspired Taste and thought it would be a great recipe to tweak to meet my allergy needs.
Oh boy was I right! With just a few small changes I was able to create this incredible gluten free and dairy free Fall drink.
I honestly cannot believe it took me so long to try this out because I am obsessed with all things pumpkin and Fall.
I think it’s safe to say I will be enjoying one of these almost every day this Fall!
So let’s talk about how to make this super easy Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe!
HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
- Coffee: I use “Cameron’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee“
- Dairy free milk: I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”
- Pumpkin purée
- Maple syrup: Any other sweetener may also be used
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Dairy free whipped cream for topping: I use this homemade coconut whipped cream recipe.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE:
- Add Ingredients to Pan: Add all ingredients (except coffee) to a saucepan over medium heat and whisk to combine.
- Heat: Heat for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Whisk occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add in Coffee: Mix in coffee and top with dairy free whipped cream. Optionally sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.
Who knew it would be so easy to make a “fancy” latte at home?
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe as much as my family does!
♥ Don’t forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try! ♥Print
- 3/4 cup coffee (I use “Cameron’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee“)
- 2 cup dairy free milk (I use “So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk”)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2 – 3 tbsp maple syrup (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Dairy free whipped cream for topping (I use this homemade coconut whipped cream recipe)
- Add all ingredients (except coffee) to a saucepan over medium heat and whisk to combine.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Whisk occasionally to avoid burning.
- Mix in coffee and top with dairy free whipped cream. Optionally sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.
Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE: