- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Gravy
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced into strips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium broth (vegetable or beef broth)
- 4 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour (or gluten free corn starch)
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add olive oil, mushrooms, and onions. Heat over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes.
- While the mushrooms and onions are cooking, in a large bowl, combine ground beef, oats, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Divide into 4 equal sized portions and form patties.
- Place patties in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Flip every 5-6 minutes until internal temperature has reached 165°F. This usually takes 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the patties.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 4 tbsp gluten free all-purpose flour with 1 cup of broth.
- Once the steaks are done cooking, transfer them onto a plate. Drain all but 3-4 tbsp of the liquid form the pan and add 1 cup of broth.
- Once the broth has started to simmer, add the remaining broth and flour mixture, whisking continuously.
- Add 1 tsp ketchup, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tsp salt. Continue whisking until the gravy has thickened.
- Add the caramelized onions and mushrooms to the gravy. Place steaks in the gravy and spoon the gravy over them to coat.
- Serving Size: 4
For this recipe, I recommend:
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!