- 1–2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 10 oz can Enchilada Sauce (homemade enchilada sauce recipe here)
- 2 15 oz cans black beans
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs mild diced green chiles
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker/Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked all the way through. If cooking in an Instant Pot, close the lid and make sure you are NOT venting. Select the Poultry setting which should be pre-programmed to cook for 20 minutes.
- Shred chicken with two forks and serve with your favorite toppings.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Follow cooking directions above.