1 pack of large vegan gluten free marshmallows (I use “Dandies Vegan Marshmallows”)
For the Graham Crackers
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I use “Better Batter”)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Vegan Chocolate Bars
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use “Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Vegan Chocolate Chips”)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment*. Turn on low to blend.
- Add melted coconut oil, water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Continue to mix until the dough is formed.
- Transfer dough to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. If your sheet tray has raised sides like mine, you will need to just place the parchment paper on the counter for now.
- Top the dough with another piece of parchment paper and start to roll out the dough into a large rectangle. The dough needs to be about 1/6-inch thick (about a 12×17 rectangle).
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut the dough into 3″ squares. Using a fork, poke 2-3 sets of holes in each graham cracker.
- Transfer the parchment paper and graham crackers to the sheet tray if you haven’t already. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the graham crackers start to brown.
- While the graham crackers are baking, add 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate chips are melted.
- If using a chocolate bar mold, spread the melted chocolate evenly in the mold. If not using a chocolate mold, line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and pour the chocolate evenly in the bottom of the pan. Place the chocolate in the fridge until firm (15-30 minutes).
- To assemble s’mores, place a piece of chocolate onto a graham cracker, place a roasted marshmallow on top of the chocolate, and top with another graham cracker. You can also heat these in the microwave for 10-15 seconds if you aren’t able to roast the marshmallows.
If you do not have a stand mixer, you can mix everything together with a rubber spatula until the dough forms.
This graham cracker recipe was adapted from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free.