These Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are such a delicious gluten free and vegan dessert! They are so easy to make and come together in 30 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. Thank you for supporting JustWhatWeEat!
I’m sure you all have noticed that a lot of the gluten free flours come with all kinds of recipes printed on the back and sides of the bags/boxes.
I don’t know why, but I’ve never really been all that interested in trying them out.
It really makes no sense because if a company is going to go through the trouble of printing a recipe on their product then I would bet it’s a tried and true recipe.
There was one recipe my husband and I both noticed on the back of the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour bag that we knew we had to give a try.
It was for a raspberry oatmeal bar recipe.
The original recipe called for raspberry preserves and regular refined cane sugar.
I didn’t have any raspberry preserves and couldn’t use refined sugar because it gives me headaches.
So instead, I used the strawberry preserves (with no added sugar) I always have on hand and coconut sugar.
I made a couple other modifications and these bars came together in a matter of minutes!
While they were in the oven baking for 20 minutes I knew we had a winning recipe by the smell alone.
They smelled amazing!
I of course couldn’t wait for them to cool before I tried a bite. These strawberry oatmeal bars are delicious!
The combination of the strawberries with the coconut sugar and oats was magical.
They are also awesome because with the few minor tweaks I made, these bars became not only gluten free and dairy free, but also refined sugar free.
That means I have no problem serving them for breakfast as well as a tasty dessert.
I also love that these bars could be made with so many different flavor combinations. My husband is begging for a blueberry and lemon version.
Have any of you had luck with the recipes that come on the side of the gluten free flour bags/boxes? I can’t wait to try more!
There is a recipe for peach cobbler on the side of my Better Batter box that I think I will have to give a try this summer.
I hope you all love these gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free strawberry oatmeal bars as much as my family does!
Don’t forget to leave a comment below if you give this recipe a try!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted (I use “Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Sticks”)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten free oats (rolled or quick cooking)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1–1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter and vanilla.
- Add oat flour, oats, coconut sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt and stir well to combine.
- Grease an 8×8 pan and press 1 cup of the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Spread strawberry preserves evenly across the oat mixture in the pan.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture evenly over the strawberry preserves and gently press down to form the top layer of the bars.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is firm.
- Allow the bars to cool before cutting.
© Just What We Eat. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please link back to this post for the recipe.
SHOP THIS RECIPE:
Here are some items I used to make this recipe: